Raising finance for a new company can be difficult. Obtaining advanced approval by HMRC as an Enterprise Investment Scheme (‘EIS’) or Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (‘SEIS’) increases a company’s attractiveness to potential investors.
One of the main benefits of these schemes is that they allow investors to reclaim a proportion of the income tax they have already paid, allowing them to reduce the amount of capital at risk. Investors in EIS can reclaim 30% of the income tax they have paid; investors in SEIS can reclaim 50%. The EIS allows companies to raise £5,000,000 and SEIS allows £150,000.
We have partnered with one of the leading experts in this area, Sapphire Capital Partners LLP, to provide bespoke EIS and SEIS services. Our services include:
- initial consultation to ensure the correct company structure is chosen
- drafting the full information memorandum to be used for investors
- ensuring the document is compliant with money laundering requirements
- ensuring the information memorandum is fully compliant with the Financial Services Market Act 2000 (FSMA)
- helping you set up the company and appointing director(s)
- applying to HMRC for advance approval of EIS/SEIS status
- answering all HMRC questions / requests for additional information
- converting the information memorandum into a well presented PDF to circulate to potential investors
- if required, creating a short six page teaser document to show to potential investors
- depending on the opportunity, we may also be able to assist you with the fundraising for your new entity and to identify potential investors
- management of the share issue process
- ensuring form EIS1/SEIS1 form (for investors to claim tax benefits) has been correctly completed.
Our services are tailor-made to our clients’ individual needs and delivered with quality of service as our top priority. If required, it is possible to apply for the EIS and SEIS as part of one application, or separately.
To find out more, please contact us.