The Alternative Investment Market (AIM) was launched as a sub-market of the London Stock Exchange (LSE) in 1995, with the purpose of allowing smaller companies to float shares in a more flexibly regulated environment than the wider LSE. Since its inception, more than 3,000 companies have been admitted to AIM and a total of over £80 billion has been raised. Its flexible regulatory system and lack of requirements for the number of shares issued, coupled with the tax advantages for investors, has attracted companies from the Main Market back to AIM in recent times.
Our services which are ISO 9001 quality assured, are all delivered by our experienced in-house company secretarial team and include:
- Managing meetings of the board, committees of the board, general meetings and AGMs
- Carrying out a corporate health check of your statutory registers and company secretarial records, presenting you with a report and, if appropriate, dealing with rectification matters
- Advising you on how good governance can be achieved and maintained
- Providing compliance consultancy to ensure, through good governance, that the company is compliant with UK company law generally, the AIM Rules for Companies, UK Corporate Governance Code 2010 and the Disclosure and Transparency Rule
- Managing shareholder information by liaising with your registrars to issue section 793 notices and maintaining a section 808 register
- Contributing and reviewing the annual report and accounts and taking ownership of arrangements to produce the report and mailing to shareholders
- Providing administrative support with outsource providers regarding the introduction and administration of LTIPs, RSP and SOP schemes, including ensuring that the remuneration committee is properly briefed and drafting appropriate resolutions
- Providing cost effective management of dormant subsidiaries
- Safeguarding the statutory books and allowing inspection by those with proper authority, always maintaining the confidentiality of the board’s work and other aspects of corporate security
- Providing interim company secretarial cover for example in cases of illness, maternity leave or the period between a company secretary leaving and a newly appointed company secretary taking up office
If you would like to discuss this service with us in more detail, please contact us.