A public limited company must have at least two directors and a company secretary who is on record with Companies House.
A public limited company also must have issued share capital of at least £50,000 (or the prescribed Euro equivalent as set from time to time by the Secretary of State). The liability of each member is limited to the value of shares a member holds. Registering your company as a PLC entails many benefits as well as more stringent capitalisation and governance requirements. For more information please visit the plc section in our FAQs.
To incorporate your PLC, we will:
- check if the name you have chosen for your company is available and in line with company name rules
- prepare company registration forms, Articles of Association, Statement of Capital and Initial Shareholdings and statutory registers, using our own customised Model Articles
- file the documents and pay the required fees at Companies House
- provide legal advice on the issues related to your company formation, obligations and duties
- forward the Certificate of Incorporation, statutory registers and the Memorandum and Articles of Association to your registered office address
- applying for the trading certificate (on receipt of satisfactory evidence that the required share capital has been paid in).
The PLC incorporation package is priced at £199 plus VAT and inclusive of registration fee payable to Companies House. Any work required to prepare bespoke articles or review articles prepared by someone else would be quoted for separately.
If you already own a private company limited by shares, we can assist you in re-registering your firm and changing its status into a public limited company. Please go to Ltd to PLC company status change page for more information.
To comply with anti-money laundering regulations, we will be asking for two ID documents (one photo ID and one proof of address document not more than 3 months old) in respect of each director (or proposed director) and any 25%+ shareholder. Anyone not resident in the UK must supply three identity documents (either two proofs of identity and one proof of address or one proof of identity and two proofs of address.) These must be certified by a solicitor or notary.
If you would like to discuss this service with us in more detail please contact us.