This Policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website;
- people who register to purchase our subscription services or other services;
- people who make enquiries from our website or otherwise contact us through our website; and
- people who subscribe to our newsletter.
Who we are
We’re London Registrars Ltd, a firm specialising in corporate governance, risk and compliance services and offering legal and business advice to all types of organisations. Our registered office is at Suite A, 6 Honduras Street, London EC1Y 0TH.
Information we collect and how we collect it
We collect information from you by a number of means:
- Making an order: When you order for any of our services, we collect the following information from you: full names, your company name, contact details (address, email address and telephone number) and where applicable notes about your order.
- Contact form: When you contact us through our website contact form, we collect your name and email address. We may retain a copy of the contact form.
- Newsletter: When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your name and email address.
- Aggregate information and statistics: While browsing our website, we may log certain information about how you are using our website, such as the URL you came from, your IP address and the pages you visit while on our website. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Why do we collect your information?
London Registrars Ltd collects personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To allow us to process any orders you may make, provide the services requested, and respond to any queries or feedback, and to contact you in case there is a query with your order.
- We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage Additionally, this helps us to develop our website and our services.
- We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics are non-identifiable and will not disclose your personal details.
- To comply with any other laws or regulations.
- For the newsletter: We may also wish to provide you with updates or any other service we think may be of interest to you. We do this by emailing to you our Newsletter. We will not send you our Newsletter unless you specifically subscribe to it by completing and submitting the newsletter subscription form on our website. If you subscribe to our Newsletters and you wish to opt out at a later date, you can do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
How we share your personal information
To provide services to you, we may be required to transfer your personal information to parties located outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this Policy. However, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information for example using approved contractual agreements. The EEA comprises of the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. By submitting your information, you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
We may also engage the services of third party contractors for the purposes of carrying out aspects of our operations. We may provide personal information to such third parties to assist in the performing of internal business functions (including without limitation, payment for services, administration, maintenance and data hosting). However, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected.
The information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to support your customer relationship with us. We do not sell, rent or lend personal information (other than any personal information which is already publicly available and which is incorporated into our search products) to any third parties except as set out in this Policy or as required by law or any other regulation.
What are your rights under the data protection laws?
Below is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. Please note that exceptions apply to some of these rights and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances.
- The rightto be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to request accessto your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to have your personal information erased(the “right to be forgotten”)
- The rightto object to processing of your personal information
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal informationin a safe and secure, without affecting its usability (“data portability”)
- The right to restrict processingof your personal information
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/ .
How long is your personal data kept for?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, your personal information is held on the following basis:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as to provide services and/or perform a contract.
- In accordance with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance for retention periods.
Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to [email protected] or write to Renee Trusch, London Registrars Ltd, Suite A, 6 Honduras Street, London EC1Y 0TH. We may be required to ask further information and/or evidence of identity. We will endeavour to respond fully to all requests within one month of receipt of your request, however if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to [email protected]. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information about cookies visit:
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
We have set out below, the cookies and other information-gathering technologies we use on our website and the purpose for which we use them.
|The software that supports our website requires this cookie to identify your unique session on the website. We do not have access to any information collected by this cookie. This cookie is strictly necessary to provide the service the user is requesting.
|Our ecommerce software requires this cookie to identify your unique session, to allow you to add items to the basket, and to complete your transaction. We do not have access to any information collected by this cookie. This cookie is strictly necessary to provide the service the user is requesting.
|These are Google Analytics cookies and we use these cookies to gain an understanding of how visitors use our website and how we can improve it. You can find out more about Google’s privacy policies here. It is possible to opt out of Google Analtyics across all websites by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
|These are third party Google Adwords Cookies. These are only placed if you have arrived on our website from one of the sponsored links adverts in Google Search results. These cookies allow us and Google to monitor the performance of our adverts. We receive no personally identifiable information from these cookies. You can learn more about these cookies or opt out by visiting https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/ads/
Web beacons (also known as tracking pixels or clear gifs) are typically a 1×1 pixel gif file placed into a webpage or HTML email and act in a similar way to cookies.
We may use web beacons in our newsletter to allow us to know which subscribers have read the newsletter and which of those have followed links within the newsletter. We will only send our newsletter to those website users who have completed the subscription form on our website. Some software programmes will allow you to disable web beacons by switching, choosing not to display pictures, or by selecting the email to be viewed in plain text format. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by following the link in the email. Alternatively, you can use the ‘Contact Us’ function, giving your name and email address.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Policy.
Review and Changes to this Policy
This policy is kept under regular review and any changes we make in the future will be posted on the website. This policy was last updated July 2018.
How to contact us
Further information on the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 is also on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk.
Links to other websites
London Registrars Ltd is a company registered in England. Registered number 3726003.