Many people think that all PLCs are listed and that their shares are traded on a stock exchange, but that is not the case: you can have a “private” plc, as long as the company adheres to the basic rule that the plc must have at least two directors and a company secretary who is on record with Companies House, and the share capital is at least £50,000 of which a minimum of 25% must have been paid into the company.
Our basic service includes:
- registered office address in Central London (or SAIL address if applicable)
- directors’ service addresses
- maintaining the Register of directors and secretaries
- maintaining the Register of debenture holders
- maintaining the Register of shareholders as required
- recording charges in the register of charges
- preparing and submitting Annual Confirmation Statements (formerly Annual Returns)
- recording any changes in the statutory registers and filing at Companies House as required, or carrying out due diligence and ID checks on new directors (up to 5 changes/ checks per annum; additional transactions charged @ £25 plus VAT each)
- taking custody of and maintaining the minute book
- ensuring that filings at Companies House take place on time so as to avoid financial penalties and striking off action
- such ad hoc telephone support during office hours from Monday to Friday as may be required in the discharge of the above stated duties
- sending reminders about statutory accounts filings due with Companies House and with HMRC
- forwarding (by scan and email) any mail received from Companies House, HMRC and the Courts Service.
Our service costs £599 plus VAT per annum for companies with up to 10 directors or shareholders. For companies with more than 10 director shareholders there will be an additional set-up fee of £10 plus VAT per director or shareholder (exceeding 10) in the first year, and in subsequent years the additional fee will be £5 plus VAT per director or shareholder (exceeding 10) per annum. The annual return filing fee payable to Companies House is not included; the fee is currently £13 for online filing.
If you would like to discuss this service with us in more detail please contact us.