Many people think that all PLCs are listed and that their shares are traded on a stock exchange, but that is not the case: you can have a “private” PLC, provided that it adheres to the basic rule that the PLC must have at least two directors, a suitably qualified company secretary who is on record with Companies House, share capital of at least £50,000 (of which a minimum of 25% must have been paid into the company) and a trading certificate has been obtained before the PLC starts trading. In addition, a PLC’s accounts need to be audited by a statutory registered auditor.
Our basic service includes:
- registered office address in Central London (or SAIL address if applicable)
- directors’ service addresses
- maintaining the register of directors and secretaries
- maintaining the register of debenture holders
- maintaining the register of shareholders as required
- recording charges in the register of charges
- preparing and submitting the annual Confirmation Statement
- recording any changes in the statutory registers and filing at Companies House as required, or carrying out due diligence and ID checks on new directors (up to 5 changes / checks per annum; additional transactions charged @ £25 plus VAT each)
- taking custody of and maintaining the minute book
- ensuring that filings at Companies House take place on time so as to avoid penalties
- ensuring that any Companies House filings are supported by the proper authorities and resolutions
- such ad hoc telephone support during office hours from Monday to Friday as may be required in the discharge of the above stated duties
- sending reminders about statutory accounts filings due with Companies House and with HMRC
- forwarding (by scan and email) any mail received from Companies House, HMRC and the Courts Service.
Our service costs £599 plus VAT per annum for companies with up to 10 directors / shareholders. For companies with more than 10 directors / shareholders there will be a small additional charge per director or shareholder (exceeding 10). The Confirmation Statement filing fee payable to Companies House, currently £13 for online filing, is not included.
If you would like to discuss this service with us in more detail please contact us.